October 1, 2014
3DP Unlimited™ is the manufacturer of the 3DP1000 large format 3D printer. 3DP Unlimited, a division of PBC Linear®, is a company of skilled mechatronics engineers who embrace rapid advances in technology to innovate, design, and build next-generation equipment for additive manufacturing.
3DP Unlimited is committed to building on industrial strength linear motion components, actuators, and motors while maintaining affordable flexibility with open source control solutions.
• Big: 3DP1000 provides a big build area of 1 x 1 x 0.5 m. With 74x greater build area than the average ordinary desktop 3D printer, the 3DP1000 will take your prints from ordinary to extraordinary.
• Economical: With base platforms starting under $20,000, 3DP1000 is lowering the cost barrier for entry into large-format 3D printing.
• Accurate: For precise prints, the 3DP1000 can print down to 70 micron layer resolutions.
• Robust: The 3DP1000 is based on industrial strength linear motion and mechatronics that provide consistent quality performance.
Who’s It For
The 3DP1000 is the ideal solution for a wide range of applications in industrial design, rapid prototyping, product development, automotive design, building & naval architecture, custom props, sculptures, stage sets, artistic development, and much, much more.
“3DP Unlimited is a company that has put mechatronic advances to work in building its robust large format 3D printers. With a build area of 1 m x 1 m x 0.5 m, it is critical that 3DP use mechatronic advantages, such as robust linear actuators and controls from PBC Linear, to maintain high performance.”
— Mark Huebner, Market Development Manager, PBC Linear
- Compatibility: The 3DP1000 printer is capable of printing any material (3 mm diameter) that is created for Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF), including but not limited to PLA (Polylactic Acid), PVA (Polyvinyl alcohol), ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), PC (Polycarbonate), Nylon, Ninja Flex, and HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene). Note: Some materials may require increased bed and nozzle temperatures, as well as additional ventilation.
- Filament Diameter: 3 mm (0.118 in.)
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm
- Connectivity to Laptop: USB
- Unit dimensions: 1.422 m x 1.676 x 1.524 m (56 x 66 x 60 in.)
- Build area dimensions: 1 x 1 x 0.5 m (39.3 x 39.3 x 19.6 in.)
- Layer Resolution: Down to 70 microns (0.0027 in.) Note: Accuracy is dependent upon slice settings, geometry, print speed, filament quality, and a range of other factors. Under average conditions, it is typical to hold layer resolution of 100 microns with a well-tuned and calibrated printer configuration.
- Input formats: The 3DP1000 requires gcode for printing. Typical 3D printing software generates gcode from a variety of 3D modeling file types such as STL and OBJ.
- Power Requirements: Option 1: 110 V, 15 Amp, 60 Hz; Option 2: 220 V, 13.6 Amp, 60 Hz
- Workstation OS compatibility: The 3DP1000 uses open source controls—providing additional flexibility to customers. This flexibility includes the ability to use a broad range of materials and choice of operating software, not limited to a specific manufacturer.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering. Press releases can be sent to them via [email protected].Follow DE