November 5, 2019
Altium Concord Pro helps ensure that all of an organization's designers, buyers and manufacturing partners have access to the same set of component data by simplifying the setup, configuration, use and maintenance of managed component libraries, the company reports. Concord Pro also ensures that component information is reliable and up to date through its built-in connectivity to Octopart supply chain information.
“Electronic component data is at the center of collaboration across the worlds of design, supply chain, and manufacturing,'' says Leigh Gawne, Altium's chief software architect. “Concord Pro is the industry's first and only application that leverages the power of the cloud to make it easy to share component data and have certainty that your PCB can be fabricated, assembled and delivered when you need it.”
Users of Altium Designer can now instantly try and use Concord Pro in the Cloud, powered by Altium 365, Altium's newly launched collaborative platform for electronics design and realization. Concord Pro is also available on-premise, accessible through Altium Designer 19 and the upcoming Altium Designer 20.
Altium Concord Pro's capabilities include:
- Instantly On: no installation or server setup necessary when deployed on the Altium 365 cloud infrastructure;
- a single, shared library of managed component data;
- templated component data authoring;
- live supply chain/sourcing data: direct feed from Octopart supplier data including information on availability, lead-time, sources, price, alternatives and substitutes;
- component traceability: maintains a history or “audit trail” for where a specific part has been used; and
- bidirectional design collaboration with Solidworks, Inventor and PTC Creo. MCAD and ECAD design teams can now share changes to board shape, component placement, mounting holes, by intelligently linking 3D ECAD and MCAD models.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering. Press releases can be sent to them via [email protected].Follow DE