April 2, 2018
With the AutoCAD 2019 from Autodesk, users can speed up work with specialized features and libraries for mechanical design, architecture, 3D mapping and more, the company reports. Also, the new release touts greater mobility with the new web and mobile apps.
With access to seven specialized toolsets, subscribers have more than 750,000 intelligent objects, styles, parts, features and symbols to choose from when drawing. Designers can edit scanned drawings and convert raster images into DWG objects all while working in a familiar AutoCAD interface.
When users subscribe to AutoCAD 2019, they gain access to the following toolsets:
- Architecture Toolset: Use specialized building design features and 8,000+ intelligent architectural objects and styles to speed architectural drawing and documentation.
- Mechanical Toolset: Use specialized mechanical design features and 700,000+ intelligent manufacturing parts, features, and symbols to speed product design.
- Electrical Toolset: Use specialized electrical design features and 65,000+ intelligent electrical symbols to boost productivity for creating, modifying, and documenting electrical controls systems.
- MEP Toolset: Use specialized MEP engineering features and 10,500+ intelligent mechanical, electrical, and plumbing objects to draft, design, and document building systems.
- Plant 3D Toolset: Use the specialized plant design and engineering toolset to efficiently produce P&IDs and then integrate them into a 3D plant design model.
- Map 3D Toolset: Use specialized mapping features to incorporate GIS and CAD data to support planning, design, and data management.
- Raster Design Toolset: Use raster to vector tools to help you edit scanned drawings and convert raster images into DWG objects.
AutoCAD Available With Web and Mobile Apps
An AutoCAD 2019 or AutoCAD LT 2019 subscription also includes access to the new AutoCAD web app and the AutoCAD mobile app.
The AutoCAD web app enables users to access AutoCAD directly in a web browser via web.autocad.com. Simply log in to your Autodesk account and quickly access Trusted DWG files, core 2D drafting and editing tools, including Xref support, and layer management.
Make edits on the go. With the AutoCAD mobile app, you can view, edit, create, and share CAD drawings anytime, anywhere. Download DWGs to a device to access them even when without WiFi. Available across Windows, Android and iOS devices, AutoCAD mobile app is also optimized for the iPhone X, iPad Pro and Windows Surface.
For more details on this release, visit Autodesk.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.