November 20, 2017
Beta CAE Systems releases version 18.0.1 of its software suite with new tools and capabilities to further augment functionality and facilitate CAE processes.
Enhancements in ANSA
- There are improvements on the Web-interface GUI, regarding button menus in mobile phone portrait mode and the behavior and operability of button menus in touch-screen devices.
- The new library CT_2017_SP2 has been integrated to read/translate CATIA V5-6R2017 (R27) files.
- For data management, Export to PLM XML format is now possible without the need of a JT Open license.
- Bolt Tubes treatment is now available in Feature Manager, by adding Connection information on Tubes.
- There is improved performance of Mesh functions on FE models with FE perimeters.
Enhancements in EPILYSIS
- A more robust EPILYSIS Linear solver is now used for Lagrange multiplier decomposition.
- Matrix and Solver details are now provided in a User Information block of the f.06 file.
- There are improvements in accuracy of the RBE3 singularity check.
- PHASE parameter support for polar format in DISPLACEMENT, VELOCITY, ACCELERATION, SPCFORCE, MPCFORCE, FORCE, STRAIN, STRESS.
- ACMODL support (for INFOR, FSET, SET fields) for Fulid-Structure coupling.
- Check and Error messages are provided in case of incorrect Subcase numbering in the solver header.
- “UM” Field is supported for RBE3 elements, to assign Independent degrees of freedom to the Dependent DOF set.
Enhancements in META
The META Web Interface is an intuitive technology that allows a group of people, joining in through a web browser, to collaborate with a user running a META application session.
META supports the HTC VIVE Virtual Reality (VR) headset on MS-Windows OS.
ERFH5 results files compressed with femzip version 6.1.2580 are now supported.
It is now possible to change massively the colors of Parts/Includes.
It is now possible to delete the entities created by a specific overlay through the Project or Session Overlay Manager. Any entities belonging to the initial state can be deleted too.
For more info, visit Beta CAE Systems.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.