CADNexus Announces MATLAB Connector
Facilitates bidirectional access to native CAD files within MATLAB.
June 22, 2011
By DE Editors
Engineers using MATLAB for physical modeling and simulation tasks can use CADNexus CAPRI to import and modify CAD designs in their programs. Instead of using simplified representations that could result in errors between the actual engineering designs and system models, MATLAB users can introduce real CAD data early into their simulation and modeling process. This can help shorten product development cycles and reduce the risk of errors between design and analysis teams, according to the company.
MATLAB users can import live CAD designs into their M-Scripts and perform functions such as:
- Querythe geometry details such mass properties and other mechanical details.
- VisualizeCAD parts and assemblies.
- Extractdiscrete representation that can be used for analysis.
- Performadvanced geometric operations such extracting 2D cross sections and othercustom details from 3D bodies.
- Accessand drive the design intent such as features and parameters for DOE andoptimization. Users can update parameters and refresh the CAD modeldirectly in the MATLAB environment.
MATLAB users can embed CAPRI directly into their M-script code. They can perorm design space exploration, DOE and optimization directly on native CAD models in MATLAB.
For more information, visit CADNexus.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
Subscribe to our FREE magazine,FREE email newsletters or both!
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].