May 22, 2014
In its white paper “Smart Media Decisions for Your Wide Format Printer,” Canon Solutions outlines the top five considerations when selecting wide format printer media. Among the questions to think about are:
- What’s your application? Analyze how you use your wide format printer. Will you be printing short term, point-of-purchase signage or architectural renderings?
- What are you trying to achieve? Printed output provides an opportunity to differentiate your business, the company states. Your media choice might impact your ultimate goal — whether it’s reducing workflow errors or closing a deal with clients.
- How will the output be used? You’ll want to select a different media depending on indoor or outdoor environment; likewise if the content will be showcased on a wall versus an easel. You also want to consider sustainability of use.
- What’s you’re budget? Media costs should be factored into a wide format printer investments.
- What media options are compatible with your printer? Be sure you understand the variety of media that your printer can handle, since sometimes a wide range of a printers’ capabilities are under-utilized.
According to Canon Solutions, media options that suite Architecture, Engineering and Construction industries include presentation bond, synthetic paper, gloss or satin photo paper, canvas, Tyvek, backlit film and self-adhesive products.
Download the white paper “Smart Decisions for your Wide Format Printer.”
For more information, visit Canon Solutions America.