May 7, 2021
PTC has released the eighth edition of its Creo computer-aided design (CAD) software. Creo 8.0 empowers increases in user productivity through expansions to Creo's Model Based Definition (MBD), Generative Design and Ansys-powered simulation capabilities.
Purpose-built to solve for key design pitfalls experienced by engineering executives, end users and managers, the features and functionalities of Creo 8.0 empower the entire CAD value chain to optimize design efficiency and production.
Enabling users to take design processes to the next level, Creo 8.0 includes enhancements for:
- Usability and Productivity: Updates across areas of the core modeling environment like the hole feature, routed systems, sheet metal, and Render Studio; improved dashboards and model tree interfaces.
- MBD: Improvements to MBD workflows. Users can now leverage guided application of validated geometric dimensioning and tolerancing in assemblies, simplifying the design validation process.
- Simulation: Enhanced steady state fluids capabilities and improved mesh controls in the Creo Simulation Live and Creo Ansys Simulation products.
- Generative Design: The Generative Design function in Creo now automatically determines its own solution envelope while handling drafted and tight-radius manufacturing requirements.
- Additive and Subtractive Manufacturing: Lattice structures can now be optimized using simulation results to minimize build time and part weight. Creo 8.0 also includes expanded high-speed milling toolpaths to five axes, enabling reduced set-up and machining time.
“The Creo team is proud to deliver a great balance of productivity improvements that every user will appreciate, along with expanded capabilities across the major technology areas of simulation, generative design and additive manufacturing,” says Brian Thompson, divisional vice president and General Manager, CAD, PTC. “I'm confident that Creo 8.0 will help drive innovation and greater productivity.”
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.