June 19, 2014
Global electronic components distributor Digi-Key has updated its Scheme-it circuit design tool, which provides a simple free-to-use way of recording circuit designs in a sharable, electronic format. The application was co-designed with Aspen Labs LLC.
The new features add design functionality, increased supplier integration and a more streamlined circuit design process, the company states.
Primary enhancements to Scheme-it, along with an enhanced feature set, include:
- A library of over 700 generic symbols, plus custom symbol creation
- Access to over 4 million component via Digi-Key Catalog integration
- Export into PDF or PNG files
- A direct link to Digi-Key technical support
- Integrated bill of materials (BOM) and quoting
- Administration of design accessibility (options for private, public or embedded files)
“We are excited to see the success of Scheme-it thus far,” said Cody Miller, president, Aspen Labs. “With the addition of manufacturer-specific symbol libraries, the tool is taking on a new dimension and has become even more useful, as users can design in specific parts, drop them into the Digi-Key BOM manager, and order them right from Scheme-it. We look forward to building out these libraries and providing this tremendous value to Scheme-it users.”
Learn more about Scheme-it with the video below:
For more information, visit Digi-Key.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
Subscribe to our FREE magazine,FREE email newsletters or both!
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].