Pre-processing and Meshing News
Pre-processing and Meshing Resources
November 10, 2020
Engys has released 3.3.0 of the open-source CFD software HELYX, including all HELYX Add-ons (Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro).
HELYX 3.3.0 offers a wide range of extended capabilities and several refinements to remove known issues found in the previous release 3.2.1. Some of the new features added in this version include:
- Mesh: New Hybrid algorithm with improved near-wall layer mesh generation capabilities.
- Setup: New interface for Generalized Internal Boundaries (GIB), including support for multiple GIB dynamic mesh motion models.
- Setup: Improved Thermal Comfort tool with new human thermal comfort metrics based on ANSI-ASHRAE-55:2017, ISO 7730:2005, ISO 7933:2004 and UTCI.
- View: New Runtime Visualization option to save images during solution runtime based on an existing View Scene.
- View: New objects for visualization and improved usability (e.g. Threshold, etc.).
- HELYX-Coupled: Extended GUI support for new pressure-based, block-coupled, incompressible flow solver.
- HELYX-Coupled: Extended GUI support for new density-based, block-coupled, compressible flow solver (subsonic, transonic and supersonic flow regimes).
- General: New STL reader for faster geometry loading when used in combination with OpenGL rendering back-end on local machines.
- General: New high-performance OpenGL rendering back-end rendering and refactoring of software parallel rendering.
- General: New client-server interface for HELYX on-demand HPC services via Cirrus (EPCC).
- General: New selective case loading. User can decide to load at startup any combination of the following: Surface/Volume Mesh (inc. Zones) and/or Geometry.
- General: New interface for Slurm batch scheduling system.
- General: New built-in MPI v4 options for faster solution turnaround times.
The company suggests, to get started, log in to the ENGYS client portal website and proceed to the Downloads section to retrieve the new installation files for Linux and Windows.
A complete list of changes and additions in this new version of HELYX is provided as part of the Release Notes delivered with the software. For a description of the main new features and enhancement, refer to the HELYX 3.3.0 Release Highlights Video.
If you are not a user of HELYX already, contact ENGYS for further information or to schedule a demonstration of our software.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.