IMSI Design Launches TurboCAD v11
TurboCAD v11 features 2D geometric and dimensional constraints, new 3D modeling tools, woodworking features, visualization enhancements, and expanded interoperability.
Latest in Computer–aided Design CAD
Computer–aided Design CAD Resources
November 26, 2018
IMSI Design releases version 11 of its TurboCAD Mac product line. TurboCAD Mac v11 is a major upgrade, with new features that improve 2D drafting, 3D modeling, visualization, manufacturing and interoperability. The products are available now through the Apple Mac Store and TurboCAD.com.
“The Version 11 release is by far the most powerful TurboCAD Mac product we’ve developed. In particular, the addition of D-Cubed’s 2D Geometric and Dimensional Constraints gives our customers greater control to enforce design intent, and allows them to very quickly modify their design,” says Bob Mayer, president and CEO of IMSI/Design.
New and improved features in TurboCAD Mac v11 include:
- Tool Icon Sizing: Modify a tool palette to use larger or smaller icons. Options include 64,32,24 and 16-pixel sized icons. Duplicate Layer Creation: Easily create a duplicate layer and all of the content in it through this new option in the Concept Explorer.
- 2D Dimension and Constraints: TurboCAD now supports the ability to define 13+ dimension and geometric relationships between 2D shapes including tangent, coincident and concentric conditions.
- Simplify Curves: Used in conjunction with the cutting of material on CNC systems or the extrusion of a profile into a solid, this new tool allows you to convert Lines or Polylines into Arcs, Circles, Ellipses and/or Splines.
- Skinning with Centerline Path: This 3D modeling tool allows the creation of a 3D NURB objects. The skins can be either Open, resulting in a NURBS Surface object, or Closed, resulting in a Solid.
- Edge Features: New Edge treatments include Cove, Rounds and Half Rounds, Bullnose and Half Bull Nose, and more.
- Surface from Laws: A new feature that allows the parametric design with formulas of NURBS shapes such as Springs, Mobius strips, Paraboloids, Tubes and other complex 3D objects.
- Expanded LightWorks Texture Integration: LightWorks Photorealistic Rendering now supports the rendering of textured images imported from OBJ, 3MF, SketchUp and 3DS file formats.
- High-Resolution Printing for Objects with Textures: Printing of textured objects now internally integrates LightWorks rendering to generate the image for the printer.
- SVG Import and Export: Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), an XML-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics can now be imported in or exported to TurboCAD Mac.
- Updated DWG/DXF Support: Now updated to support the 2018 file format.
- 3MF Import and Export: The 3D Manufacturing Format (3MF) is used in a 3D printing and allows design applications such as TurboCAD Mac to send full-fidelity 3D models to other applications, platforms, services and printers.
- Expanded Texture Support: For VRML 2.0 and OBJ file formats.
- Updated SketchUp Support: Now updated to support SKP 2018 files.
The entire TurboCAD Mac v11 line is available now. Pricing is as follows: TurboCAD Mac Pro v11, $499.99 USD; TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 2D/3D v11, $149.99 USD; and TurboCAD Mac Designer 2D v11, $69.99 USD.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].