September 23, 2021
Markforged debuts Eiger Fleet, a cloud-based software solution designed to accelerate the adoption of additive manufacturing operations at scale. Eiger Fleet helps to transform additive manufacturing from a small-scale operation to a large globally-connected, distributed manufacturing fleet by giving organizations a secure, cloud-connected and centralized source of control over their Markforged 3D printers, users and part production.
This software helps automate business processes through integrations with a company’s existing enterprise systems to expand access to the Digital Forge across their entire business. For organizations looking to scale their additive manufacturing capabilities, Eiger Fleet offers enterprise level features to manage users, devices and data with greater control and efficiency to print parts on demand at the point of need.
Eiger Fleet is designed to enable customers to:
- Control which part, build, devices, print operations and data are accessible to users according to job responsibilities and privileges by leveraging Role-based access control (RBAC).
- Provide frictionless user and administrator experience through SAML Single Sign-On (SSO), where automated account provisioning reduces IT costs and easily and consistently enforces strong access policies with identity protection.
- Connect, simplify and automate workflows with Eiger API, connecting their additive manufacturing processes to their existing enterprise software systems.
- Seamlessly manage their entire digital inventory of parts, leveraging batch operations and organization-wide presets.
- Easily track, analyze and share key performance indicators of time and cost savings from additive manufacturing.
“Additive technology is transforming manufacturing around the world. Eiger Fleet fuels the expansion of additive manufacturing by giving our customers the right set of control and management tools that address the concerns of security, quality management, auditing or user error,” says David Benhaim, CTO and co-founder of Markforged. “Our customers are able to grow their operations with the right level of control over quality and process. Eiger Fleet is setting the pace for what’s possible in the future of manufacturing, through cloud-enabled distributed manufacturing.”
Eiger Fleet is available worldwide as a paid software subscription on all Markforged printers.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.