May 18, 2018
MecSoft Corporation makes available AlibreCAM 2018, the latest version of MecSoft’s fully integrated CAM solution for Alibre Design 2018.
AlibreCAM 2018 now includes the ability to perform continuous five-axis machining operations on Alibre Design models. A picture of a turbine blade being machined using a Swarf machining method is shown as follows:
Release highlights include:
- 2 ½ Axis—Fillet and Chamfer machining methods have been introduced;
- 3-axis—Horizontal Finishing follow containment, performance & stability improvements;
- 4-axis—Drive Surface machining
- 5-axis—Continuous 5 axis machining methods such as Surface Normal, Curve Projection and Swarf Machining have been newly introduced; and
- other Productivity and User Interface enhancements.
For more info, MecSoft.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering. Press releases can be sent to them via [email protected].Follow DE