Engineering Computing News
Engineering Computing Resources
July 26, 2016
Nor-Tech has partnered with ESI and OpenFOAM to bring more affordable HPC (high-performance computing) simulation options to its customers. The goal is to reduce licensing and ownership costs for hardware and software.
According to a company press release, OpenFOAM includes a full array of tools that solve anything from complex fluid flows involving chemical reactions, turbulence, and heat transfer to acoustics, solid mechanics, and electromagnetics. The utility is independently tested by ESI-OpenCFD and supported by ESI’s worldwide infrastructure. Advantages include:
- No license fees
- Friendly syntax for partial differential equations
- Unstructured polyhedral grid capabilities
- Automatic parallelization of applications written using OpenFOAM high-level syntax
- Wide range of applications and models ready to use
- Professional support, development and training from OpenFOAM’s originators
For more information, visit Nor-Tech.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.