NVIDIA CEO Huang to Headline NVIDIA GTC Conference
Deep learning pioneers Yoshua Bengio, Geoff Hinton, Yann LeCun among the industry experts to present at AI conference in September.
August 16, 2022
NVIDIA will host its next GTC conference virtually from Sept. 19-22, featuring a news-packed keynote by founder and CEO Jensen Huang, and more than 200 sessions with global business and technology leaders. Registration is free and open now.
Huang’s keynote will be livestreamed on Tuesday, Sept. 20, at 8 a.m. PT and available on demand afterward. Registration is not required to view the keynote.
GTC will also feature a fireside chat with Turing Award winners Yoshua Bengio, Geoff Hinton and Yann LeCun discussing how artificial intelligence (AI) will evolve and help solve challenging problems. The discussion will be moderated by Sanja Fidler, vice president of AI Research at NVIDIA.
GTC talks will explore some of the key advances driving AI and the metaverse—including large language models, natural language processing, digital twins, digital biology, robotics and climate science.
Major talks include:
- BMW, ILM, Kroger, Lowe’s, Siemens, NVIDIA and others on using digital twins for a range of applications, from manufacturing to neurosurgery to climate modeling
- ByteDance’s deployment of large-scale GPU clusters for machine learning and deep learning
- Boeing’s digital transformation enabling aircraft engineering and production to be more flexible and efficient
- How pharmaceutical companies can use transformer AI models and digital twins to accelerate drug discovery
- Amazon Web Services, Ericsson, Verizon and NVIDIA leaders describing augmented- and virtual-reality applications for 5G and optimizing 5G deployment with digital twins
- Mercedes-Benz, Siemens, Magic Leap and NVIDIA executives, joined by author Matthew Ball and journalist Dean Takahashi, discussing industrial Omniverse applications and spatial computing
GTC offers a range of sessions tailored for many different audiences, including business executives, data scientists, enterprise IT leaders, designers, developers, researchers and students.
Content for Developers and Researchers
GTC provides participants at all stages of their careers with learning and development opportunities, many of which are free. Developers, researchers and students can sign up for 135 sessions on a broad range of topics, including:
- 5 Paths to a Career in AI
- Accelerating AI Workflows and Maximizing Investments in Cloud Infrastructure
- The AI Journey From Academics to Entrepreneurship
- Applying Lessons From Kaggle-Winning Solutions to Real-World Problems
- Developing HPC Applications With Standard C++, Fortran and Python
- Defining the Quantum-Accelerated Supercomputer
- Insights From NVIDIA Research
Attendees who wish to strengthen their skills can sign up for hands-on, full-day technical workshops and two-hour training labs offered by the NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (DLI). Twenty workshops are available in multiple time zones and languages, and more than 25 free training labs are available in accelerated computing, computer vision, data science, conversational AI, natural language processing and other topics.
Registrants may attend free two-hour training labs or sign up for full-day DLI workshops at a discounted rate of $99 through Thursday, Aug. 29, and $149 through GTC.
Insights for Business Leaders
This GTC will feature more than 30 sessions from some of the world’s leading companies in key industry sectors, including financial services, industrial, retail, automotive and healthcare. Speakers will share detailed insights to advance business using AI and metaverse technology, including: building AI centers; the business value of digital twins; and new technologies that will define how we live, work and play.
In addition to those from the companies listed, senior executives from AT&T, BMW, Fox Sports, Lucid Motors, Medtronic, Meta, Microsoft, NIO, Pinterest, Polestar, United Airlines and U.S. Bank are among the industry leaders scheduled to present.
Sessions for Startups
NVIDIA Inception, a global program with more than 11,000 startups, will host several sessions, including:
- AI for VCs: Six startup leaders describe how they are driving advancements from robotics to restaurants
- How NVIDIA Inception startups are advancing healthcare and life sciences
- How NVIDIA technologies can help startups
- Revolutionizing agriculture with AI in emerging markets
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More NVIDIA Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].