NX Industrial Electrical Design and Automation Designer Available Now
Release uses multidisciplinary collaboration to improve engineering quality and reduce engineering time, company reports.
December 17, 2021
The latest versions of NX Industrial Electrical Design and Automation Designer from Siemens have been released.
NX Industrial Electrical Design software and NX Automation Designer software provide a central application for industrial electrical and automation design. This enables production systems manufacturers to manage design complexity, shorten development lifecycles and increase the quality of their designs, the company reports.
Integrating Teamcenter software for product lifecycle management (PLM) and the entire NX design software portfolio with these two products provides a unified multidisciplinary design environment for production systems engineering. NX and Teamcenter are part of the Xcelerator portfolio, the comprehensive and integrated portfolio of software and services from Siemens Digital Industries Software.
Some highlights of the new release:
- Creation of product data 2D symbols with ECLASS import
- Creation of product data with EPLAN Electric P8 Data Archive Zipped File (EDZ) import
- Bill-of-materials (BOM) reporting with the functionality to summarize device and cable lengths
- Export of electrical documentation to DXF/DWG formats
- Dynamic binary logic blocks
- Export Profinet topologies
- Creating product data with EDZ import
Automation Designer offers a unique engineering toolset, designed from the ground up to enable controls engineers to complete their work with efficiency and speed, the company reports.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].