December 16, 2015
Onshape, a provider of cloud-native CAD, has stated it will move to a full commercial release this week. Additionally, the company has launched an App Store for software enhancements and plug-ins.
The beta program was tested with over 10,000 users and for 400,000 hours A total of 4 million modeling features were created, the company states. The trial included 14 updates with 125 main enhancements, Onshape for mobile and availability in more than 150 countries.
The App Store, which is currently available to premium beta users, will include integrated and connected cloud apps as well as connected desktop apps. Twenty-four application developers are partnering with Onshape to offer simulation, CAM, rendering and more. Inaugural partners include:
- Simulation: Fidesys, simulationHub, SimScale and SIMSOLID
- CAM: CNC Software, MecSoft and Geometric
- Rendering: Exocortex Technology, Luxion, migenius, Next Limit Technologies, OneRender and SimLab Soft
- Content: TraceParts and SolidPartners
- Design: ExactFlat and nPower Software
- Import/Export: DriveWorks, Pinshape, ProtoTech Solutions and Solveering
- Productivity: Rusty Shed
- 3D Printing: Materialise, CloudDDM
For more information, visit Onshape.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.