OpenBOM Unveils New Design to Purchase Solution
OpenBOM, a cloud-based Bill of Materials and Inventory management tool, announces availability of new vendor and purchase order functions, streamlining the design to purchase process.
Digital Thread News
Digital Thread Resources
February 15, 2019
OpenBOM, real-time collaborative bill of materials and inventory management system for engineering, manufacturing and supply chain, has released new functions to deliver end-to-end design-to-purchasing process for engineering teams and medium size manufacturing companies. This functionality gives OpenBOM subscribers tools to plan Order BOMs, manage vendors and create purchase orders as a single integrated process fully integrated with design and engineering bill of materials process.
OpenBOM’s collaborative environment allows customers to create bill of materials directly from any modern CAD environment and integrate with the purchasing process in the following four steps:
- manage catalogs of standard parts and engineering components;
- create and update bill of materials fully synchronized with CAD systems;
- create Order BOMs for specific production batch orders;
- manage vendor lists and generate purchase orders for vendors; and
- the OpenBOM modern cloud-based environment allows all participants from design, manufacturing, and procurement to stay connected and synchronized in global manufacturing ecosystems.
“New design to purchasing process is a unique way for engineering teams and medium size manufacturing companies to organize data and process between engineering, manufacturing and procurement and escape chaotic spreadsheet based process,” says Oleg Shilovitsky, CEO and co-founder of OpenBOM.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.