Precision ADM Forges Strategic Partnership With Tecomet
The plan is to expand development and production opportunities in the area of additive and subtractive manufacturing.
November 18, 2022
Precision ADM, a Canadian additive manufacturer, has formed a strategic partnership with Tecomet, a company in the design, development and manufacturing of components for the medical, aerospace and defense industries.
The plan is to expand development and production opportunities in the area of additive and subtractive manufacturing. The collaboration will allow Precision ADM and Tecomet to jointly leverage combined resources and expertise to compress customer's development timelines with the partnership yielding expanded capabilities and capacity for each organization.
Specifically, the partnership will allow for the following:
- Expansion of Precision ADM's Advanced Digital Manufacturing (ADM) set of processes, which has produced millions of additive manufactured implants and instruments in the medical market
- Offering of additional process expertise into new material areas for Tecomet, including IE Plastics, Nickel Allows, Aluminum, Cobalt Chrome and 316 SS, while expanding capacity in Titanium and 17-4 Stainless Steel
- Extension of value chain for scale in both additive and subtractive manufacturing for both companies
- Strong quality systems correlation to streamline validations
- Complementary capabilities with EOS metal additive platforms to drive speed of development and scalability to production
With the focus of driving lead time out of the manufacturing process, this partnership will allow for Tecomet to use its entire portfolio of capabilities, and combine the expertise & agility of Precision ADM. This alliance will bring advanced additive manufacturing opportunities from concept to production.
“Together with Tecomet, we will be able to offer clients shorter lead times and more efficient production with the same commitment to quality and manufacturing excellence for which we are both known,” says Martin Petrak, president and CEO of Precision ADM. “Our shared expertise and history in the medical device and aerospace industries leads to a naturally collaborative relationship.”
“This initiative aligns with our steadfast approach to add value for global customers and provide full-spectrum, scalable manufacturing solutions,” Tecomet's president and CEO, Bill Dow.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].