June 29, 2020
Rescale Inc. makes available Rescale Insight, a comprehensive business management solution for high-performance computing (HPC). Rescale Insight empowers the chief financial officer, chief information officer, and chief technical officers with in-depth controls to meet financial, security and architectural requirements.
Rescale Insight is built on a fully managed HPC platform with data for over 400 applications, so it can provide analytics on software license usage, detailed hardware architecture performance and budget usage. Full stack control helps IT leaders ensure compliance and security. Economic transparency and policy-based financial controls, enable business leaders to minimize cost. Rescale’s serverless architecture ensures that customers only pay for what they use. Rescale Insight’s multi-cloud AI-driven recommendation engine ensures applications are matched with the best price/performance architectures in real time.
Industry leaders including Aerion Supersonic and Bionano Genomics have taken advantage of Rescale Insight’s business management to harness the power of HPC in the cloud while maintaining compliance and control, Rescale reports.
By exposing project-level usage data and mapping them to business initiatives, Rescale Insight enables engineers or scientists to securely use the resources they need, while helping CxOs meet enterprise-wide IT financial, compliance and security policies.
Rescale Insight includes the following features:
- Financial controls—Enables budget monitoring, alerting, and enforcement, helping to give business leaders visibility into the value and impact of HPC jobs.
- Security and access controls—Provides granular controls over users, access, software versions and workflows to meet compliance and security requirements.
- Multi-team controls—Enables secure and shared workspaces for better engineering collaboration inside and between companies.
- Software and software license controls—Enables IT teams to manage their application portfolios to ensure projects efficiently use the right license at the right time.
- Infrastructure architecture controls—Defines enterprise policies on which architectures can be used by which teams to maximize cost/performance or simulation throughput.
“As customers move HPC workloads to the cloud, and the cloud is managed by CxOs, it exposes the need for mainstream security, architectural, and financial controls” says Edward Hsu, VP Product at Rescale. “Rescale Insight helps our customers enforce enterprise IT controls while empowering engineering teams with the cloud’s scale and latest architectures to accelerate new product innovations.”
AI Engine Meets Business Need
Rescale also announced the Technology Preview of an HPC application-aware AI engine to match compute workloads to the best available infrastructure and configuration. By mapping business objectives to data gathered running HPC workloads and performance benchmarks in the cloud for over eight years, this AI engine eliminates time spent tuning and testing hardware, so end users can focus on running workloads that accelerate new product innovations.
“Hybrid and multi-cloud are built into Rescale’s architecture,” says Adam McKenzie, CTO at Rescale. “More than half of our customers are running workloads on two or more cloud providers, taking advantage of the best each cloud provider has to offer and complementing on-premise capabilities without adding complexity to their workflows.”
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Rescale Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected]taleng.news.