February 2, 2021
Siemens Digital Industries Software and MaRS Discovery District, a Toronto-based innovation hub, have partnered to provide over 1,400 Canadian science and technology companies with access to Siemens’ Xcelerator portfolio of software and services to support and accelerate the development of autonomous and connected vehicle technologies.
The design and simulation software can help companies in the MaRS ecosystem conduct early design development and advanced verification of autonomous function and performance systems.
“Through this partnership with Siemens, we will provide our community with access to a complete autonomous vehicle software platform for complex system design, from ideation through realization,” says Oshoma Momoh, chief technical advisor at MaRS. “This industry-leading technology will help our community to speed innovation in the area of autonomous and connected vehicle development, which is a key focus area for MaRS. Siemens’ support for the startup community can help remove barriers, transforming engineering ideas into successful products that will benefit the future of mobility in Canada and around the world.”
The partnership offers MaRS clients access to multiple solutions of Siemens’ Xcelerator portfolio including:
- Solid Edge software for 3D CAD, simulation and design management;
- NX software for advanced high-performance 3D computer-aided design (CAD);
- Teamcenter portfolio for product data and lifecycle management;
- Simcenter 3D software for fully integrated CAE addressing multidisciplinary product performance engineering;
- Simcenter Prescan software for advanced simulation of autonomous systems, helping to reduce field testing and expand coverage over infinite possible real-world scenarios; and
- other solutions of the Xcelerator portfolio will also be made available as needed and requested.
MayaHTT, a long-time Siemens partner with expertise in addressing complex technical challenges from chip design to full vehicle system validation, will support MaRS companies with software deployment and training services.
“The rise of autonomous and connected vehicles is changing the way the vehicles are designed, manufactured and tested. This emphasis on agile development cycles requires new partnerships and collaboration across the supply chain,” says Jamie Dinsmore, vice president and country manager, Canada at Siemens Digital Industries Software.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Siemens Digital Industries Software Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].