September 24, 2021
Beginning from version 15, the CADSoftTools CAD VCL library changes its name to CAD VCL Multiplatform. Now it is compatible with FireMonkey. It means that all applications based on the library can be compiled not only for Windows, but also for Linux, macOS, iOS and Android.
CAD VCL Multiplatform 15 also enables to compile 32- and 64-bit Delphi and C++Builder applications created with Embarcadero RAD Studio 11 Alexandria.
Another change is that Open Cascade Technology is not used anymore. Version 15 is based on the company's own 3D kernel. This makes the company completely independent of any third party and allows the team to respond swiftly to user requests. The company has improved reading of SAT, SLDPRT, X_T, X_B, OBJ, STL formats and added support for FSAT, SAB, SMT, IPT formats. With the new 3D kernel, it is possible to convert supported B-Rep (boundary representation) file formats to STEP, SAT, DWG, DXF without losing information about a 3D model.
The full list of changes and enhancements is as follows:
- Support for FireMonkey
- Support for Embarcadero RAD Studio 11 Alexandria
- Replacement of Open Cascade Technology by our own 3D kernel:
- improved reading of SAT, SLDPRT, X_T, X_B, OBJ, STL formats;
- added support for FSAT, SAB, SMT, IPT formats;
- added export to SAT format; and
- improved export of STEP, DWG, DXF formats.
- Improved import of DWG and DXF formats:
- improved support for МTexts and Texts;
- improved support for Hatches;
- improved display of SHX fonts;
- improved support for ACIS objects;
- improved support for Dimensions and Multileaders; and
- improved reading of VPort and drawing extents.
- Improved export of DWG and DXF formats:
- added saving of ACIS objects; and
- improved saving of VPort.
- Improved display of vector formats (DWF, HPGL, CGM, SVG)
- Improved export of SVG format:
- improved export of texts and hatches.
- Improved G-code generation from DWG and DXF files
- Bug fixes
If people would like to test CAD VCL Multiplatform 15, download the free trial version. It comes with separate packages for VCL and FMX. If you already have a license for CAD VCL 14, version 15 will be available to you at a 50% discount. For any questions or comments, contact the company at [email protected].
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.