Intel Debuts Fast Mobile Processor
New 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processors drive performance for more than 300 laptop designs, company says.
January 6, 2023
At CES, Intel announced its 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processors that bring performance to mobile platforms. Intel introduced 32 new 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processors with an enhanced suite of features and capabilities for all laptop segments.
“The 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processor family delivers unrivaled, scalable performance for leadership platforms across all laptop segments,” says Michelle Johnston Holthaus, executive vice president and general manager of the Client Computing Group at Intel.
13th Gen Intel Core H-series Processors
Intel's launch of the 13th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors includes a 24-core processor for a laptop. When combined with support for both DDR4 and DDR5 memory, connectivity and PCIe Gen 5, 13th Gen HX processors deliver for the mobile platform.
The new processor family offers:
- Up to 5.6 gigahertz (GHz) turbo frequency delivering up to 11% faster single-thread performance and 49% faster multitask performance over previous generation.
- Up to 24 cores (8 Performance-cores, 16 Efficient-cores), 32 threads and enhanced Intel Thread Director.
- Full memory support of up to 128 gigabyte (GB) total for DDR5 (up to 5,600 megahertz) and DDR4 (up to 3,200 MHz).
- Thunderbolt 4 support, delivering transfer speeds up to 40 gigabits per second (Gbps) and PC connectivity to multiple 4K monitors and accessories.
- Improved integrated graphics experience based on improved driver stack and key learnings from Intel’s work with discrete graphics.
With five times as many HX laptop designs powered by 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processors compared with 12th Gen, users can choose from 60 HX designs to stream and create at the highest levels, the company says.
13th Gen Intel Core P-series and U-series Processors
Intel also introduced 13th Gen Intel Core P-series and U-series mobile processors. They offer:
- Up to 14 cores (6 Performance-cores, 8 Efficient-cores) and enhanced Intel Thread Director.
- Broad memory support for DDR5 and DDR4 and LP variants.
- Up to four Thunderbolt 4 ports for fast, simple and reliable cable solution to any dock, display or accessory, according to Intel.
For the first time, select designs based on 13th Gen Intel Core processors will feature the Intel Movidius vision processing unit (VPU). Resulting from deep co-engineering with Microsoft on its new Windows Studio Effects, the AI-heavy tasks required for professional-grade collaboration and streaming can be offloaded to the VPU, freeing the CPU and GPU for other workloads or multitasking.
Across H-, P- and U-Series, the new mobile processors will elevate performance for the next generation of enthusiast designs, thin-and-light laptops, foldables, 2 and 1s and other form factors. More than 300 unique designs are expected this year from Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI, Razer, Republic of Gamers, Samsung and others.
For the IoT edge, 13th Gen Intel Core processors deliver new industrial features, extended temperature operations and higher performing CPUs, with more graphics capabilities and AI performance. Ideal for retail, education, healthcare, aerospace, industrial and smart cities, the new processors provide better workload consolidation with more cores and threads, enabling applications to run on a single device, the company reports.
For more details on the product offerings from Intel, click here.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Intel Coverage
Subscribe to our FREE magazine,FREE email newsletters or both!
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].