January 11, 2012
If you’re a member of Local Motors, you could get access to portions of Siemens PLM Software’s Solid Edge (SE) CAD package for as little as $19.95 a month.
Local Motors, which pioneered the idea of crowd-sourced automotive design and do-it-yourself manufacturing, now offers multiple levels of SE subscriptions at The Forge, a web portal dedicated to member projects. Prices are listed as:
- $19.95 per month for Solid Edge Design1 (parts and assemblies, Synchronous Technology, 2D/3D data translators);
- $99 per month for Solid Edge Design and Drafting (SE Design1 features, 2D drawing, assembly animation);
- $179 per month for Solid Edge Foundation (SE Design and Drafting features, surfacing, sheet metal, frame, weldment);
- $229 per month for Solid Edge Classic (SE Foundation features, basic simulation, rendering, machine library, Insight data management); and
- $299 per month for Solid Edge Premium (SE Classic features, full simulation, wire harness, piping/tubing).
For more, read “Solid Edge Design1, an Exclusive Product for Local Motors Members,” November 11, 2011.