April 2, 2021
Maplesoft unveils a major new release of its flagship product, Maple, the easy-to-use mathematical software, company reports. Maple is used by mathematicians, educators, students, engineers and scientists to analyze, explore, visualize and solve math problems. The new release, Maple 2021, offers a range of enhancements across the entire product, from small productivity changes to new areas of mathematics.
Maple 2021 includes a large number of enhancements particularly designed to support math education. Some features include:
- three interactive Clickable Calculus Study Guides that help students learn Calculus, Precalculus and Multivariate Calculus;
- a new package providing tools for teaching and learning differential equations, including helpful visualizations and step-by-step solvers; and
- content development tools enabling instructors to create educational content inside Maple, and then deploy it to their students through Maple Learn, an online environment designed specifically for teaching and learning math from high school to second-year university.
In addition, Maple 2021 delivers a more powerful math engine, a streamlined workflow for interactive problem solving, and enhanced content and application development tools, the company notes. Highlights include:
- greater problem-solving abilities, with new algorithms and solving techniques for differential equations, integration, abstract algebra, graph theory, physics, quantum chemistry, and other areas of math, science and engineering;
- enhanced performance of frequently used fundamental routines, resulting in faster computations; and
- streamlined workflow when creating and working with documents that involve both calculations and text.
“Our customers rely on Maple for so many different reasons, from interactive problem solving, to visualizing advanced mathematical concepts, creating curriculum materials, developing new algorithms to tackle tough research problems, and more,” says Karishma Punwani, director of Academic Product Management at Maplesoft. “With Maple 2021, customers get access to a host of improvements across all aspects of the product to enhance their diverse uses of Maple.”
Maple is part of the Maple Math Suite, a collection of products from Maplesoft that provides access to a mathematics engine through various specialized, easy-to-use interfaces that make it extremely easy to explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems in different situations. Other products include the recently introduced Maple Learn, the online environment for teaching, learning and doing math from high school to the second year of university, and the free Maple Calculator app, which allows students to graph and solve problems on their phone.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.