March 1, 2022
Sigmetrix makes available its new EZtol Fundamentals Computer-Based Training course within its computer-based training portfolio.
EZtol is a one-dimensional tolerance stackup analysis program designed to assist in understanding the impact of assembly-level requirements on accumulation of part-level dimensional variation and part-to-part assembly variation. Interested users may download a 7-day free trial here.
The new EZtol Fundamentals course uses a combination of lecture videos, software demonstrations, detailed exercises, quizzes and a training manual to teach EZtol fundamentals. Upon completion of the course students will be able to analyze multiple 1D stackups on CATIA, NX and SOLIDWORKS models and make design decisions to optimize nominal designs and tolerance assignments. The coursework is broken into tasks that students complete at their own pace.
- Brief background reviews on tolerance analysis fundamentals, including a discussion in statistical analysis methods
- Overview of the interface followed by more in-depth explanations and exercises on the tools provided to analyze stackups
- Detailed explanation, with examples, of the results and associated information provided
- Reporting and data management
Engineers and designers engaged in product design with CATIA, NX or SOLIDWORKS and responsible for assigning tolerances to part dimensions/features will now be able to learn the fundamentals of EZtol at their own pace. This computer-based course allows students to complete the same curriculum as the instructor-led course but at a pace that can be balanced with other work demands.
“Whether we are training an individual student or working at the enterprise level to elevate the skills and knowledge of entire teams and departments throughout an organization, we have a solution that ultimately will help yield better products through mechanical variation management,” says James Stoddard, president of Sigmetrix.
Sigmetrix’s people and technologies have been helping companies produce better products through mechanical variation management for over 25 years. Mechanical variation is a reality of manufacturing and assembly processes. Companies who successfully manage this variation reap many competitive benefits. Sigmetrix can help:
- Maximize the return on your model-based (MB) definition/MB enterperise investment
- Improve profitability by balancing product quality with manufacturing cost
- Achieve faster time to market by reducing design and prototype cycles
- Deliver more innovative products through better understanding of mechanical variation
- Capture, transfer, and retain critical product and process knowledge
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Sigmetrix Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].