July 7, 2015
Simplify3D has launched the latest version of its 3D printing software. The platform has 40 new features, making it the biggest release since 2013. Enhancements include a user interface that simplifies the 3D printing process and tools that improve model quality, a company press release states.
Features in Simplify3D 3.0 include:
- A Dual Extrusion Wizard that can help users create a two-color part with a few clicks.
- Six infill pattern options, including honeycomb and triangle patterns.
- Slicing speeds three times faster than the previous release.
- A more intuitive user interface that expedites model manipulation and has an “undo” button.
- Multiple coloring options within Preview Mode.
3D printer support has also been expanded to include configurations for systems such as the DeltaMaker, RepRap PRotos V3, Sharebot Kiwi-3D, Bonsai Lab BS01, Ultimaker 2 Go and more. The platform also features a smart printer profile systems, where users can save printing preferences of specific systems.
Capabilities for print quality have been added to Simplify3D 3.0, including tools for avoiding crossing outlines, non-stationary retractions and fine tuning.
For more information, visit Simplify3D.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].