Eurocom Launches Supercomputer Class Laptop
The Tornado F7 Mobile Workstation from Eurocom is powered by 8cores/16 threads Intel i9 9900K processor with NVIDIA’s high-performance Quadro P52000 upgradeable GPU technology.
November 12, 2018
Eurocom launches another supercomputer class laptop, the Tornado F7 Mobile Workstation powered by 8 cores/16 threads Intel i9 9900K processor with NVIDIA’s high performance Quadro P52000 upgradeable GPU technology.
Eurocom launches a laptop powered by Intel’s newest i9 9900K 8 core/16 thread processor and the super powerful Quadro P5200, called the Tornado F7W. The system comes with a 17.3-in. display, supports up to 128GB of ECC memory, up to 22TB of storage and weighs 4.14 kg (9.1 lbs).
The Tornado F7W supports a range array of high-performance, modular MXM 3.1, workstation-class GPU’s including the Quadro P5200, P4200 and P3200.
The GPU’s are upgradable via MXM 3.1, slot-based GPU technology and the size of each module is 82mm x 105 mm. Eurocom offers a wide-choice of processors ranging from i9 9900K, i7 9700K, which are 8-core CPUs, as well as Xeon 6Core/12Thread E-2816G CPUs. These processors are LGA 1151 socket-based, allowing for future upgrades to next-generation processors once they are available.
The Tornado F7W comes loaded with security features critical to the management of intellectual property assets of users, companies and organizations. It is equipped with a SmartCard Reader and a Fingerprint scanner for security access as well as TPM 2.0 and BIOS disk encryption for data encryption. These added security features by Eurocom improve the protection of intellectual property assets and restrict access to critical data.
Capable of supporting both ECC and non-ECC memory up to a total 128 GB of DDR4 RAM, the Tornado F7W is one of few laptop designs to use both ECC and non-ECC memory in the same physical model, according to the company. ECC memory is used with Xeon-class CPU’s while non-ECC memory is used with i7 and i9 processors.
The Tornado TFW supports up to five physical drives with a total space of 22TB. It supports three M.2 NVMe SSD slots and two 2.5-in. SATA3 bays running in multiple RAID configurations-including RAID 0/1/5/10. It also allows RAID 0/1/5 configuration with NVME SSD’s.
Eurocom offers an optional “anti-hacking protection suite,” consisting of the removal of webcam, microphone and WLAN. This allows for protection of intellectual assets and further defends against malware, tampering and theft of intellectual assets and/or data.
The Tornado F7W is loaded with many ports allowing the usage of four total displays. The following ports are also provided: Thunderbolt 3.0, 5 x USB 3.1, HDMI 2.0.
Eurocom supports various operating systems in the Tornado F7W including VMware, Microsoft Server 2016, Windows 10 and Linux. Tornado F7W provides full network manageability via its VPro-based Intel I219-LM 1GbE controller on-board.
Tornado F7W Core Features:
1. Display: 17.3 inch/43.9 cm; choice of FHD, UHD 4K; 120Hz, 60Hz; supports total 4 displays
2. GPU: MXM 3.1, upgradeable, choice of NVIDIA Quadro P3200 (6GB); P4200 (8GB) and P5200 (16GB)
3. CPUs: Choice of LGA1151 CPUs; 6 cores/12 threads- (Xeon E-2176G, Xeon E-2186G, i7 8700, i7 8700K, i7 8086K); 8 cores/8 threads- (i7 9700K); 8 cores/16 threads – (i9 9900K)
4. Memory: up to 128GB via four SODIMM slots; EEC and non-ECC depending on CPU used.
5. Storage: up to 5 physical drives with RAID 0/1/5, NVME, up to 22TB of storage; three M.2 NVMe SSD and two 2.5inch SATA3
6. Operating Systems: choice of VMWare, Microsoft Server 2016, Windows 10 and Linux
7. Security: SmartCard Reader, TPM 2.0, BIOS Disk Encryption, Security lock, Fingerprint scanner; optional “anti-hacking package” available (removal of webcam, microphone and WLAN)
8. Ports: 1x Thunderbolt 3.0; 5x USB 3.1; Mini Display; HDMI 2.0; Mic in; Headphone S/PDIF out; Line-in; Line out; RJ-45 / LAN
Eurocom Mobile Workstations are designed with ISV Certified high performance NVIDIA QUADRO GPUs for the ability to run software applications such as: Adobe, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CATIA, and various other CAD/CAM/CAE programs from companies like: Autodesk, Dassault Systemes, PTC, Siemens PLM and Nemetschek.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.