Fusion3 Delivers New 3D Printer
EDGE delivers high speeds, large build volume, surface quality, tight tolerances when printing high-temperature materials.
February 23, 2022
Fusion3 makes available the company's new EDGE professional 3D printer. Priced at $6,999, EDGE’s performance provides many capabilities usually found in expensive industrial 3D printers. EDGE delivers high speeds, large build volume, surface quality, tight tolerances when printing high-temperature materials, ease of use and durability for 24x7 operation.
“EDGE encapsulates Fusion3's nine years of industry experience, accumulated feedback from customers, and our vision for the changes needed to drive mainstream, commercial adoption of FDM 3D printing,” says Kate Padgett, Fusion3 founder and CTO. “With EDGE, we achieve astounding levels of speed, print quality, and durability through the upgrade of our F-Series Motion Control system with high-quality linear rails, the development of a new patent-pending print head system for greater performance and customer serviceability, and the design and implementation of new control systems to create better user experiences and ensure successful print outcomes.”
Features of the new Fusion3 EDGE 3D printer include:
- EDGE uses Fusion3's “F-Series” platform, with upgraded motion control components including linear rails, Gates 2GT2 belts and specially tuned stepper motors. EDGE enables features such as a new “Fast Mode” for printing certain materials at 200MM/sec using a .4MM print head.
- Fusion3's ANVIL print head system incorporates a surgical steel print tube instead of a traditional screw-in 3D printer nozzle. Use of a single print tube is wear-resistant for use with abrasive filaments such as carbon fiber or fiberglass-reinforced filament.
- EDGE's passively heated build area, which heats up to 70 degrees C, can print parts as large as 14x14x14.5-in. (1.64 cu. ft.), ensuring print results when printing high-temperature, engineering-grade materials such as ABS and Polycarbonate.
- EDGE comes standard with a ¼-in. aluminum tool plate print bed and a standard glass surface. This reference surface is coupled with the ultra-light touch probe. In addition, EDGE incorporates a separate interface controller, powered by its own 64-bit ARM processor with 7-in. touchscreen.
- EDGE also features Fusion3’s V3 extruder with a new belt drive system and upgraded filament detection monitor that can be tuned to different detection settings based on the material printed.
- Fusion3's material testing and certification process ensures that customers can print a wide range of materials from quality suppliers. Using the ¼-in. aluminum tool plate print bed with glass print surface (standard), customers can print materials from all major categories including: PLA, ABS, ASA, reinforced materials including carbon fiber, Kevlar and fiberglass, flexible, nylons, PET/PETG and polycarbonate.
- The company offers two versions of EDGE. The Standard Version of EDGE has a USB port, wired and wireless networking, and convenience features to actively communicate status beyond the device. Fusion3 designed the Secure Version of EDGE for companies, government, military, and similar organizations with strict information security guidelines. This version ships with only wired Ethernet networking, a locked USB port, restricted communication features, and ships with the Offline Activation version of our REACTOR 3D printing software, which does not use the internet for license activation or updating.
- The fully-enclosed EDGE protects users from contact with hot surfaces. EDGE includes a new door interlock feature, which pauses prints if a user opens the door. Fusion3 offers an optional HEPA and carbon filter air filter for locations without adequate ventilation, which helps contain potentially harmful emissions. ]
- Fusion3 provides a 2-year warranty and FREE lifetime phone and email support (staffed by our expert factory technicians, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm US Eastern Time).
Fusion3 will have the new EDGE on display at the following upcoming events: 2022 Design & Manufacturing West, April 12th-14, Booth 3714 at the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, California. Rapid+TCT 2022, May 17th-19th, Booth 1023 at Huntington Place, Detroit, MI.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].