February 12, 2015
Aleph Objects, a provider of 3D printing systems and materials, has launched the new LulzBot TAZ 5 desktop printer. The company has also announced new filaments and full support for Cura LulzBot Edition.
The LulzBot system can print with ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), PLA (polylactic acid), HIPS, PVA, wood-filled filaments, bronze- and copper-filled filaments, polycarbonate, nylon, conductive PLA and ABS, ultraviolet luminescent filaments and more. It has a weight of 24.25 lbs and a build envelope of 11.7 x 10.8 x 9.8 in.
For its new materials, Aleph has partnered with eSUN and Fenner Drives to offer the following:
- Ultraviolet reactive PLA: Red and Blue
- Luminescent PLA: Green and Blue
- Electrical conductive PLA: Black
- SemiFlex TPE: Black, Red, Blue and White
- Cleaning filament
- Nine new PLA colors: Magenta, Peak Green, Pine Green, Pink, Yellow-Gold, Light Blue, Gray and Brown
For more information, visit LulzBot.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.