May 26, 2023
Sigmetrix debuts its latest version of CETOL 6σ tolerance analysis software, version 11.4.0, which is now available for immediate download. CETOL 6σ enables product development teams to understand the impact of dimensional and assembly variation on their designs. This knowledge enables them to make proper adjustments before problems appear in manufacturing or in their customers’ hands.
There are multiple levels of assistance available within the software. This new version of CETOL 6σ builds upon features already in place and adds improvements, including:
- Measurement Objectives—When defining a measurement, set a measurement objective based on a statistical quality metric or a worst-case range. When solving the model, each measurement objective is marked either Pass or Fail. This allows for a quick scan of the model for measurement concerns.
- Improved CAD Annotation Linking and Importing—Datum import symbols may be imported from and linked to the CAD model. When importing feature annotations, dimensions and geometric tolerances are identified based on MBD principles. Feature and sketch dimensions are no longer imported.
- Centered Profile Tolerancing Standards—Profile tolerances may include an unequally disposed modification, Ⓤ, for ASME Y14.5 models or specified offset, UZ for ISO GPS for the following features including Plane, Cylinder, Sphere, Cone and Torus features.
- Custom Parameters—In addition to the three pre-defined parameters (i.e. Custom 1, Custom 2, and Custom 3) add an unlimited number of custom parameters for which you can specify a name and a value. These parameters can be used for capturing additional information that can be included in reports.
- Differentiated Support for Tolerancing—Users can now specify the Tolerance Standard (ASME Y14.5 or ISO GPS) used by each part. The Tolerance Standard can be set automatically from the CAD model or manually by the user.
As with prior releases, CETOL 6σ v11.4.0 is available in English, Japanese and Simplified Chinese.
In addition to CETOL 6σ, Sigmetrix offers an array of software and training solutions including:
EZtol, a 1D analysis tool that works directly with your CAD models, including embedded tolerances (PMI), to make it easier to create, manage and report upon multiple 1D tolerance analyses, or stackups, in an assembly.
GD&T Advisor, an interactive tool that provides guidance on the correct application of GD&T within the PTC Creo environment.
Training on various topics including GD&T, tolerance analysis, dimensional management, and MBD / MBE.
Computer-based training on either an individual or enterprise basis developed to make learning at your own pace easy and intuitive.
Consulting and implementation services team with years of experience in tolerance analysis and GD&T definition offers consulting services to augment your team, speed your project along and run analyses for your assemblies.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.