May 27, 2020
COMSOL has announced the COMSOL Conference 2020 North America, to be held on October 7–8, 2020. The annual event will be held online for the first time ever.
According to a company press release, highlights include:
- Invited speakers from industry and academia sharing their experiences using multiphysics modeling and simulation apps
- COMSOL keynotes featuring news and software product announcements
- User presentations showcasing research achievements and innovative design projects
- Panel discussions on simulation apps, heat transfer modeling, and electromagnetics simulation
- Tech Cafés: interactive sessions where software developers and technical product managers take modeling questions directly form COMSOL users
- Minicourses offering learning opportunities for any level of simulation expertise, from introductory to advanced
- Virtual exhibition and poster session
“With recent travel restrictions and social distancing in mind, moving the conference online this year is clearly the best option,” says Lauren Sansone, marketing and events director at COMSOL. She adds, “The COMSOL Conference North America will be easy to join online, without travel time or time away from home. We believe that the online conference will be attractive to many, as it will also be easier to fit with a busy schedule and other obligations. As we will miss out on in-person meetings, we will be placing extra emphasis on providing interactive, small group sessions, and one-on-one discussions. An added benefit is that we will also have access to COMSOL's global pool of engineers, as it will be equally easy for them to join the conversations, from anywhere.”
For event details and registration, visit the COMSOL Conference 2020 North America website.
The Program Committee for the COMSOL Conference 2020 North America is inviting abstract submissions for posters and papers on simulation work and applications from users of COMSOL Multiphysics to present at the conference. The papers and posters accepted for presentation will later be shared with the community through the open-access Technical Papers and Presentations database Technical Papers and Presentations database, with a global reach.
The abstract submission deadlines for the conference are: Early Bird submission by July 17; Final Abstract submission by August 21. For information and guidelines for abstract submission, please visit: Call for Papers and Posters.