January 24, 2023
IMSI Design has released the TurboCAD Mac 14 family of products that includes TurboCAD Designer, TurboCAD Deluxe and TurboCAD Pro for the Macintosh platform. TurboCAD Mac provides tools for the mechanical, 3D printing, hobbyist, makers and architectural design communities.
Precision Design Tools
Leveraging a native Macintosh user interface, TurboCAD Mac creates a conducive environment to explore 2D and 3D design assisted by an intelligent snap cursor, 90 minutes of video tutorials, step-by-step training guides, and thousands of 2D/3D symbols.
Underneath the user interface is the ACIS modeling kernel from Dassault Spatial providing access to complex filleting, chamfering, surface wrapping, booleans, shelling, holes, protrusions, sweeps and extrusions. Users can share their data with third-party CAM, 3D printing, rendering or animation applications using formats that include DWG/DXF, SAT, SAB, STEP, IGES, SketchUp and OBJ.
TurboCAD Mac 14 New Features
The release of TurboCAD Mac 14 provides updates to support Apple’s most recent macOS Ventura release and numerous feature enhancements. Features include a major update to the photorealistic rendering tools as well as enhancements to 3D modeling, drafting, data sharing and useability.
“The release of TurboCAD Mac 14 continues our commitment to bringing precise 2D/3D content creation tools with the ease of use afforded by the Mac user interface,” says Tim Olson, vice president of IMSI Design. New features introduced in v14 include:
Mechanical Tool Palette
Introducing a collection of tools unique to mechanical minded designers that includes:
- Sheet Unfold—Unfold complex sheets into 2D flat patterns common in sheet metal type tasks
- Compare Parts—Compare a collection of parts for differences
- Clash Detection—Detect interface analysis for collections of parts and assemblies
- Gear Creator—Create 2D spur gear profiles along with 3D extruded solids
- Threads—Create helical inner and outer threads for bolts, nuts, and other fasteners
- Modeling Kernel Updated—Powered by the latest version of Dassault’s ACIS precision solid modeling engine, complex modeling operations such as blending, chamfering, shelling, direct face modeling, wrapping, and booleans received performance and stability updates.
- More 3D for Deluxe—Deluxe received a boost of modeling power with the addition of the following tool availability
3D Modeling and Editing
- Push/Pull direct face editing of solids
- Circle, rectangular sections supporting pipes
- Parametric holes features (simple, counter bore, countersink)
- Bosses parametrically defined to add materials
- Two railed sweeps solids
- Skinned solids from curve profile collections
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Mac 14 is now available for permanent or subscription licenses. TurboCAD Mac Pro is available for $699.99, TurbCAD Mac Deluxe for $229.99, and TurboCAD Mac Designer for $69.99.
For more information, download a 15-day trial, or to upgrade online, click here or call IMSI Design at 1-800-833-8082 (1-415-483-8000).
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.