IronCAD 2021 Makes Its Debut
Updated features include user interface improvements, sheet metal design enhancements, 2D technical drawing advances and more.
December 1, 2020
IronCAD has released IRONCAD 2021, which contains many improvements and capabilities.
Every year, IronCAD global customers submit feedback with enhancement improvements that matter the most for increasing the design productivity or improving the 3D to the production drawing process, according to the company. In addition to user feedback, the company says that given the year everyone experienced that it was essential that the company work hard to keep IronCAD users working and ensure that productivity is a focal point with the release of IRONCAD2021.
In this year’s release, the main focus was on improving productivity to help create designs and production drawings faster. The company's stated goal for IronCAD 2021 was to improve the performance from 3D to the 2D detailing stage, improve the detailing user experience, continuous quality improvement and improvements that make the design process more productive.
Examples among the new improvements in IRONCAD 2021 are:
- Improved IntelliShape Handles for Increasing Performance—New behaviors to quickly symmetrically size shapes with a right-click drag, quick access to handle values attached to the cursor and more powerful snap options to get precise locations from a point or center point that allow users to design faster with IronCAD shapes.
- User Interface Improvements to Enhance the User Experience—Easier access to multiple catalogs, direct feedback on face and edge length/area information, direct selection access to assemblies, parts, features and faces in the current selection viewing direction, TriBall shortcuts to reduce steps in repeating copy/link commands and more to improve the user workflow in design.
- Sheet Metal Design Improvements and Accessibility—Improved processes in selecting stocks, automatic bend alignment on angled sheet metal stock for creation and updates and accessing common commands for sheet metal bends to speed up the design and editing of sheet metal.
- Overall 2D Technical Drawing User Improvements—2D Annotation catalog for common annotations, 2D Template catalog to quickly change templates for drawings, new tools for revision clouds and ISO Tolerance Codes for dimensions, improved bulk view creation options to automatically generate drawing layouts that speed up the 2D detailing, and many other improvements to enhance the detailing process for production designs.
- Communication Improvements for Sharing—The free Share 3D viewer has an improved user interface and support for measure and textures while supporting large geometry data sets that allow users to communicate 3D designs faster and easily with customers on any tablet or laptop device on any platform with an HTML5 supported browser.
“In a year with major uncertainty and with businesses and people across the globe impacted in unique ways, IronCAD worked closely with our customers to shape the 2021 release to meet their current needs and to help plan for future capabilities for remote working and collaboration,” says Cary O’Connor, vice president of Marketing for IronCAD.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.