Rapid Ready Tech News
February 19, 2019
RAPID + TCT, is set to return to Detroit, MI, running from May 20-23.
“The Comeback City has experienced more than $13 billion in new investments across 200+ projects since 2006,” conference organizers point out. “Detroit has an exploding startup scene, including 35 active venture-backed startups.”
With a mix of networking activities, presentations, and workshops, the show is expected to offer attendees a chance to consult with industry experts before making technology investments, get inspiration from their peers, and learn to use the latest additive manufacturing tools.
This year's speakers include:
- Dr. Naomi Murray, director, Advanced Operations, Additive Technology Solutions, Stryker;
- Dr. Dominik Rietzel, head of Additive Manufacturing (Non-Metals), BMW Group; and
- Bill Taylor, co-founder, Fast Company; entrepreneur, innovator and author.
The latest program available online features, among others, talks on:
- using AM to produce a turbine blade (by Sebastian Piegert, Christoph Haberland, Siemens AG);
- surface finishes possible with Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion (by Eric Fodran, PhD, Northrop Grumman Corp); and
- simulating the structural integrity of 3D-printed parts (by Doug Kenik, Brady Adams, Teton Composites).
The latest exhibitor list includes 3D Systemes, Autodesk, Creaform, Dassault Systemes, Desktop Metal, Materialise, Nano Dimension and other recognizable names in the industry. There will also be an SME Zone, dedicated to career opportunities in the industry, SME membership, an art gallery, and a student summit.
The conference will take place at the Cobo Center.
The annual show is produced by SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers) and Rapid News Publications Ltd. The show has been running for 30 years now. SME and TCT Group joined forces in 2016 to jointly begin producing the event.