Stratus Debuts Fault-Tolerant Computing Platform
The company says this new platform offers high performance by providing more CPU cores, increased processor power and expanded networking connectivity.
Engineering Computing News
Engineering Computing Resources
May 30, 2023
Stratus Technologies has released the next generation of its Stratus ftServer fault-tolerant computing platform. The company says this new platform offers high performance by providing more CPU cores, increased processor power and expanded networking connectivity.
“This new generation of Stratus ftServers is our most powerful ftServer platform yet,” says Jason Andersen, vice president, strategy and business line management at Stratus.
The company says its ftServer platforms provide a “reliable, simple and serviceable compute platform that ensures continuous availability of critical applications and services.”
Specific enhancements to this new, 12th-generation ftServer platform include:
- Updated Intel Xeon scalable processors supporting 2.3 GHz and 2.4 GHz speeds and 10 to 44 CPU cores to support compute intensive workloads such as artificial intelligence and internet of things applications.
- Increased bandwidth for storage area networks (SANs) via a 32 Gb Fibre Channel PCIe card that doubles the bandwidth available.
- Expanded networking options through optional 10 Gb Ethernet in the Stratus ftServer 2920 platform via a new PCIe card that supports copper and fiber/optical.
- Operating system support for VMware vSphere 7.0.3 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.8 as well as Microsoft Windows Server 2022 and Windows Server 2019.
Available configurations of the new Stratus ftServer platform are:
- Stratus ftServer 6920 Platform for large data centers and other facilities requiring the highest levels of performance.
- Stratus ftServer 6910 Platform for data-intensive or transaction-intensive applications in large remote plants or regional data centers.
- Stratus ftServer 4920 Platform for medium-sized facilities, plants and remote offices.
- Stratus ftServer 2920 Platform for running applications in smaller facilities, plants and shop floor locations.
According to Stratus, support for all its platforms include 24x7x365 monitoring and management services via a secure, private network—the Stratus ActiveService Network.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].