July 25, 2014
Tecplot has released its Tecplot 360 EX software with SZL technology. The platform combines data processing and memory management for CFD (computational fluid dynamics). According to the company, Tecplot 360 allows users to plot and animate data and automate routine tasks to save time and effort.
SZL technology is a combination of data management algorithms, advanced data requirement predictors, exhaustive parallelization and other code optimizations that allow users to get results faster.
Other improvements to the software offer users the ability to:
- Create plots in multiple frames on multiple pages.
- Save time by opening context-sensitive menus with a single click.
- Extract cutting planes, iso-surfaces or geometries with mouse-clicks.
- Leverage personal enterprise macros via the updated quick macro panel.
- Load more than 30 common CFD data types from a single loading interface.
- Evaluate surface quantities of even the largest data sets in seconds.
“I have been surprised on how quickly the graphics now render on large 3D data sets, while still not overloading my machine in terms of memory. I can certainly tell the difference from previous versions in this regard,” said Christopher Griffin, research assistant for Aerospace Engineering, West Virginia University.
For more information, visit Tecplot.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.