Tacton Launches Cloud-Based Design Automation Solution
New design automation offering is designed to enhance collaboration in product development in manufacturing industry, company says.
January 21, 2019
Tacton, a global provider of Configure Price Quote (CPQ) and design automation solutions for the manufacturing industry, has released Tacton CoDesigner, a cloud-based solution that empowers sales teams, designers and engineers to collaborate on the development of customized manufacturing solutions.
As a cloud-based solution, Tacton CoDesigner enables members of the development and sales teams to conceptualize the product during each phase of the design process to gain a detailed understanding of it. This new level of collaboration allows for product teams to identify product design concerns, effectively manage approvals throughout the development process, while helping to reduce the risks of design flaws and costly engineering order errors, according to the company.
“The cloud is transforming the way companies develop and sell products and Tacton CoDesigner is the next step in that evolution for manufacturing,” says Tacton CEO Frederic Laziou. “By giving engineering and sales teams earlier and more powerful insights into every stage of product development, we are giving them a real competitive advantage in getting the right products to market faster and help customers to rapidly generate greater revenue.”
The key features and benefits of the new cloud-based Tacton CoDesigner solution include:
- configure new custom products with Tacton‘s artificial intelligence (AI);
- automates and reduces repetitive tasks for sales engineers;
- simplify custom product design by seamlessly integrating with leading CAD solutions including Solidworks, PTC Creo and Autodesk Inventor;
- improve team collaboration and communications in executing product development projects and tasks;
- reduce IT administration, maintenance and costs; and
- improve workflows to improve product quality and reduce the time wasted on lengthy approval cycles in the development process.
Technicon Systems, Inc., which specializes in enterprise Tacton deployments for North American manufacturers, will serve as the exclusive reseller for Tacton CoDesigner.
“Tacton CoDesigner allows manufacturers to increase their design automation efficiency through increased collaboration and automated workflows,” says Mark Keenan, CEO at Technicon Systems, Inc.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.