Session 3: Additive Manufacturing: Friend or Foe of Die Casting Manufacturing?
Recently, additive manufacturing (AM) has been picking up steam and gaining momentum in many industrial sectors. People frequently ask: Will AM replace die casting? Some believe it's not a matter of "if," but "when." In this talk, Changhua (Joshua) Huang clarifies the relationship between the two technologies to help you make informed choices.
Tune in to learn
- pros and cons of die casting manufacturing and additive manufacturing (AM)
- technical barriers of AM for mass production and potential solutions
- estimating the per-part cost
- how AM can help improve die casting manufacturing
- cooling system design for die casting process based on AM technology
Moderator: Kenneth WongSenior Editor
Speaker/Presenter: Dr. Changhua (Joshua) HuangSenior Technical Lead, Advanced Engineering
Ryobi Die Casting, USA
About Dr. Huang
Dr. Huang is currently the Senior Technical Lead at Ryobi Die Casting. He is responsible for development and implementation of new and improved manufacturing processes into operational groups. His expertise includes manufacturing process simulations with CFD and FEA, die casting manufacturing, and additive manufacturing. He is a member of NAFEMS Americas Steering Committee, a founding member of NAFEMS Manufacturing Process Simulation Working Group, and a member of the NADCA Computer Modeling Working Group.