WITI Hosts Its First Virtual Women in Technology Summit
Themed "Adapt and Innovate," the two-day summit is designed to spotlight leaders in technology and innovation, boost critical thinking and inspire students to pursue STEAM careers.
Education and Training News
June 22, 2020
WITI (Women in Technology International), an advocating organization for innovation, inclusivity and STEAM, kicks off its first virtual Women in Technology Summit, June 23, 2020. Themed “Adapt and Innovate,” the two-day summit is designed to spotlight leaders in technology and innovation, boost critical thinking and inspire students to pursue STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) careers. This year’s summit will also address the impact of the pandemic on women in tech and the job market.
WITI launched the summit 26 years ago when there were no conferences geared towards supporting women in technology and business. The Women in Technology summit is a global tech conference, where professionals come to learn about trends, develop new skills and grow their business network.
“We will continue to provide the skills and tools women need to navigate the new normal and succeed in today’s digital world,” says Carolyn Leighton, CEO and founder, WITI. “This virtual summit offers an even broader global platform, with more opportunities for professionals to learn and interact with each other, irrespective of their location.”
Featured Speakers and Topics
- Blue Shield of California’s Karen Xie: How emerging technologies are transforming the way we consume and deliver healthcare
- Deloitte’s Beena Ammanath: The impact of artificial intelligence on society
- Huawei Technologies’ Joy Tan: How brands can leverage modern media to deliver meaningful stories to the public
- IDC’s Michelle Bailey: Results of the women in tech survey
- PTC’s Kathleen Mitford: The impact of diverse teams on innovation and tips on advocating diversity within an organization
- Trans Sahara Investment’s Ngozi Bell: Economic opportunities in a post COVID-19 era
- Rene Redwood, creator of the bi-partisan Glass Ceiling Commission: How businesses can address systemic racism
- Janice Kaplan, author of The Genius of Women: Powerful forces that have rigged the system against women and celebrating those who have triumphed
- BrainCandyLabs: Spotlight students and professionals who have been inspired by STEAM, including youngest astronaut-in-training Alyssa Carson, Ph.D. student Jordan Harrod and host of FOX’s Xploration Outerspace Emily Calandrelli
- WITI Hall of Fame Alumnae Genevieve Bell, Sara Rushinek and Elizabeth Xu: Staying motivated, overcoming problems and traits great leaders should possess
More than 100 speakers and coaches will inspire and educate the 10,000 professionals who will be attending the event virtually.
Topics range from innovation and technology to leadership and growth.
The summit is sprinkled with keynotes and workshops to interactive networking and career fair.
Review the full agenda at WITI Summit 2020.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].