Optomec Launches Library for Publications on Printed Metal and Electronics
Online tool samples are from 1,000+ papers from 100+ universities and industrial labs.
August 2, 2021
Optomec Inc. has created an online search tool for researchers seeking published work in the areas of printed electronics and 3D printed metals. The new tool, called Additive Research Hub, catalogs scores of research papers written and published by Optomec machine users worldwide and allows researchers to find relevant papers through a keyword search tool.
Optomec users have published more than 3,500 academic papers, half of which were published in just the last 4 years.
The new site can be reached here.
“In addition to our production customers, Optomec has hundreds of users doing research in both the Metal Additive and Printed Electronics areas,” says Mike Dean, Optomec Marketing VP. “The Research Hub gives them a short-cut to finding papers that supplement their research. There are more Optomec Additive Manufacturing machines running in public and private research labs than those from anyone else—by far. It’s nice to have a single repository for our users to find each other’s work.”
Some examples of some recent papers from the Research Hub:
Aerosol Jet 3D Printed Electronics
- 3D printed three-dimensional metallic microlattices with controlled and tunable mechanical properties
- Ultra wideband 3D interconnects using aerosol jet printing up to 110 GHz
- Aerosol-jet-printed, conformable microfluidic force sensors
LENS 3D Printed Metals
- Microstructural evolution in Ti/TiC composites fabricated by laser-directed energy deposition
- LENS manufactured γ-TNB turbine blade using Laser “in situ” alloying approach
- Effect of directed energy deposition processing parameters on laser deposited Inconel 718: Microstructure, fusion zone morphology and hardness
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Optomec Coverage
Subscribe to our FREE magazine,FREE email newsletters or both!
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].