December 8, 2023
SprutCAM Tech, an independent European developer of computer-aided design and manufacturing as well as robotic offline programming, announces the release of Update 17.0.10. This update introduces enhanced functionalities, bug fixes, and improvements designed to streamline the user experience.
A key enhancement in SprutCAM X and SprutCAM X Robot 17.0.10 is the Collision Avoidance option, which now features an updated calculation algorithm. SprutCAM X offers the finding safe tool approach and return paths even in complex machining environments.
Additionally, SprutCAM X 17.0.10 prioritizes user convenience with several updates:
- Added tool axis orientation along the normal to the base surface in the Pocketing operation.
- Organized list of post processors in the control program creation window.
- Support for non-milling tools for milling machines in MachineMaker.
- Warning when clicking “Clear All” in the Snapshots Manager window.
- Arc interpolation to the Area Cladding operation.
Some notable bug fixes implemented:
- Resolved errors when adding a new robot and when working with templates in MachineMaker.
- Fixed critical and visualization errors related to drawing modes and 3D models.
- Addressed a bug with the Collision Avoidance option.
- Fixed bugs related to inch and metric measurement systems.
- Resolved issues with importing and viewing 3D models from SolidWorks, IronCAD, and Inventor.
In this release, SprutCAM X has incorporated a total of 123 changes. Users with an active software maintenance contract (SMC) have already received notifications for the new release and can proceed with the upgrade. If you have not received a notification or require further assistance, please contact your nearest SprutCAM X partner.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
About the AuthorDE Editors
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].