Design for Additive News
Design for Additive Resources
August 5, 2016
“IoT in Logistics,” a report coauthored by Cisco and DHL (published April 2015), predicts, “By 2020 … there will be more than 50 billion devices connected to the Internet. By that time, computers (including PCs, tablets, and smartphones) will represent just 17% of all Internet connections; the other 83% will result from IoT, including wearables and smart-home devices.”
The data from those 50 billion devices is bound to push the current document management systems, product lifecycle management (PLM) systems, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems to their breaking points. How can businesses that want to be in IoT commerce cope with Big Data?
- The current data management systems’ preparedness—or unpreparedness—to cope with the upcoming data deluge;
- The cutting-edge data analytics tools available to harness useful insights from Big Data;
- Using sensor data and real-time data from the devices for product design and simulation.
Yaniv Mor, Cofounder and CEO of Xplenty
Xplenty is the Big Data integration platform that makes it easy to process more data more quickly. Before Xplenty, Yaniv was involved in a number of business intelligence (BI) and data-centric projects with major international companies. He managed the NSW SQL Services practice at Red Rock Consulting, a leading consulting firm in Australia and New Zealand. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems Engineering from The Israeli Institute of Technology and a Master’s degree in Business and Technology from the University of NSW, Australia.
Chad Jackson, analyst, Lifecycle Insights
Analyst, researcher, and blogger Chad Jackson provides insights on technologies and used to design products. He has presented dozens of times both domestically and internationally. He has surveyed thousands of engineering organizations as part of his research studies. As a commonsense co-host of numerous web shows, he has debated and pushed the limits on critical issues.