Identify3D Announces Data Security, Usage Control and Traceability Along Digital Supply Chains
Latest in Product Lifecycle Management PLM
Product Lifecycle Management PLM Resources
Siemens Digital Industries Software
May 23, 2019
The latest Identify3D suite is designed to integrate intellectual property protection, manufacturing repeatability and traceability into a solution that counters the constantly evolving security threats faced by manufacturers throughout the digital manufacturing process.
Identify3D says its Protect application enables industrial designers to create a secure container that encrypts manufacturing build files and couples them with business and production licensing rules. Identify3D Manage facilitates secure and accountable digital distribution of these assets, while Identify3D Enforce authenticates and decrypts the secure container and enforces the business and production rules during manufacturing.
“With this update, we’re making it even easier for manufacturers to integrate standardization and protection into their digital workflow—across different countries and in conjunction with a wide variety of design and manufacturing systems,” said Joe Inkenbrandt, co-founder and CEO of Identify3D.
Enhancements included in the Identify3D Spring 2019 release include:
- Identify3D Protect now includes a cloud-based encryption service (as an alternative to the existing standalone desktop application) for more flexibility and faster integration with other workflows.
- Identify3D Manage includes new authorization control via Auth0 for single sign-on support and the ability to access controls defined by system roles and privileges.
- Identify3D Enforce now leverages the cloud-based Gemalto SafeNet Data Protection On Demand eToken and includes Intel SGX support for enhanced security.
- To support global supply chains, Identify3D Manage now offers multi-language support.
Identify3D participated at the RAPID + TCT conference in several capacities. In addition to its booth presence, Identify3D showcased various industry partnerships:
- Identify3D software integrates with SLM Solutions’ current workflows and offers a new level of control and security. Manufacturers can implement different strategies to limit the number of times a part can be printed, set an expiration date on the design, target specific machines, constrain parameters, and automatically delete files from machines after a build. Validity checks allow an audit trail from design to production.
- Identify3D announced an expanded partnership with Renishaw that enables manufacturers to distribute the production of spare parts, moving machines closer to the point and time of use, rather than transporting and storing a part across long distances. Following successful pilot projects, Identify3D’s software solution can now be implemented with Renishaw AM machines using a secure data package that defines the machine parameters so that a part can be manufactured repeatably according to initial certification, independent of location and time.
- Identify3D continues to expand its partnership with Siemens through its integration into several PLM products. In addition, Identify3D and Siemens Gas and Power presented “Secure Distributed Spare Parts Production for Power Generation” as part of the event’s Expeditionary/Distributed Manufacturing track.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Siemens Digital Industries Software Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via [email protected].